POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH PROJECTS
RAPIDLY SOLIDIFIED NANOCRYSTALLINE MAGNETIC WIRES FOR SENSOR APPLICATIONS
Project Director: scientific researcher 3, Dr. Corodeanu Sorin
Mentor: scientific researcher 1, Dr. Horia Chiriac
The aim of this project is the development of a novel class of magnetic materials for sensor applications: nanocrystalline wire-shaped magnetic materials prepared directly by rapid solidification. This goal requires the development of a new, disruptive technique, which will eliminate the necessity to anneal amorphous precursors in order to obtain nanocrystalline materials. These materials will be employed to make a low field magnetic sensor to be used in biomedical and automotive applications. The work plan reflects the comprehensive and interdisciplinary approaches considered and include: preparation of two types of wire-shaped nanocrystalline materials – conventional wires and microwires, structural and magnetic characterization, an analysis of the interdependence between structure and properties, the study of the magneto-impedance effect as the operating principle for the proposed low field sensor, optimization of the magneto-impedance response of these new nanocrystalline materials, and the design and development of a novel magnetic sensor. The project leader will have the opportunity to understand and assimilate new measuring techniques, especially those used for the structural characterization of materials. He will gain an extensive experience and key skills which will enhance his future career development options. The project leader will benefit from the scientific and managerial expertise of the mentor, who will closely supervise the project implementation.
Financial support: Grant of Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research, CNCSIS—UEFISCDI
Project duration 24M (from 5 Oct.2011 to 4 Oct.2013)
Total funding requested
|Requested funding (Lei)||36.150,00||149.400,00||110.850,00|
O.I. Preparation and characterization of rapidly solidified nanocrystalline conventional wires and microwires. (Oct.2011 - Jun.2012)
O.II. Study of the magneto-impedance effect in nanocrystalline samples obtained directly by rapid solidification. (Jul.2012 - Feb. 2013)
O.III. Design and fabrication of a magnetic sensor for low field measurements. (Mar.2013 - Oct.2013)
ISI published papers:
1) C. Hlenschi, S. Corodeanu, H. Chiriac, IEEE transactions on magnetics, vol. 49, no. 1, 2012
2) H. Chiriac, S. Corodeanu, T.-A. Óvári, N. Lupu, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 113(17), No. 17A329, (2013).
1) S Corodeanu, H Chiriac, T-A Óvári, N Lupu, International magnetic conference-INTERMAG 2012, Vancouver, 7-11Mai, 2012
2) H. Chiriac, S. Corodeanu, T.-A. Óvári, N. Lupu, 12th Joint MMM/Intermag Conference, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 14–18 January, 2013.
3) S. Corodeanu, G. Ababei, N. Lupu, T.-A. Óvári, H. Chiriac, International Symposium on Metastable, Amorphous and Nanostructured Materials (ISMANAM 2013), Torino, Italy 30 June-5July 2013