MICROTRAC/NANOTRAC 252 instrument is used for determination of the particles size by laser diffraction (LD) technology. In a laser diffraction measurement, a laser beam is passed through a well-dispersed particle sample and particle size is measured by detecting the intensity of the produced scattered light.
Microtrac/Nanotrac dynamic light scattering instruments allows measurement of very high concentrations of suspended particulate (up to 40% V/V) depending upon scattering efficiency, suspending fluid viscosity, size, and particle‐particle interactions. The design eliminates the effects of multiple scattering (light scattered multiple times due to particle concentration) because of the use of probe technology and 180 degree back‐scatter optics.
- Internal Sample Cell Volumes: 3 ml (Standard), 0.2 ml
- Measurement Range: 0.8 to 6,500 nanometers (0.0008 to 6.5 micrometres)
- Measurement Angle: 180 Degrees.
- Repeatability: 1% for 100 nm Polystyrene
- Concentration limits:
High up to 40% by solids in some cases
Low 0.1 ppm for 200 nm polystyrene
- Optical Components: Laser Diode - 780 nm wavelength, 3 mW nominal, Class lll B
Laser and detector fixed in place- no alignment required.
- Solvent Compatibility: Wetted surfaces are stainless steel and sapphire. Compatible with most organic and inorganic solvents.
- Power Requirements:
Instrument powered via PCI bus.
90 to 240 VAC
47 to 63 Hz
- Temperature: 10 to 50 Degrees C
- Humidity: up to 90% noncondensing
- Sample Temperature: 10 to 82 Degrees C
- Temperature measurement: Accurate to +/- 0.1 Degree C.
Services: Determination of particle size and their dimensional distribution in the measurement range 0.8 to 6,500 nanometers.