DIFFERENTIAL SCANNING CALORIMETER SETARAM LABSYS (DTA /DSC) is used for thermal analysis of the different types of materials. DTA (Differential Thermal Analysis) is a technique where the temperature difference between the samples and a reference material (i.e. an inert thermic material which is subjected to the same temperature variation in a controlled atmosphere) is measured in function of time or temperature. DTA detects any change in all categories of materials; DSC (Differential Scanning Calorimetry) is a technique where the heat flux (thermic power) of the sample is measured in function of time or temperature. Properties measured by DTA / DSC include phase changes, glass transition, melting, purity, evaporation, sublimation, crystallization, pyrolysis, heat capacity, polymerization, denaturation / aggregation, compatibility, etc.
Differential Scanning Calorimeter SETARAM LABSYS (DTA/DSC)
- Temperature range: Room temperature ¸ max. 1,600°C (nominal: 1,400°C)
- Heating and cooling rates: 0.001 K/min ... 50°C /min (depends on furnace)
- DTA resolution: 0.4 µW
- DSC resolution: 1 µW (depends on sensor)
- Atmospheres: inert, oxidizing, reducing, static, dynamic
- Crucibles: Alumina and Platinum
- Gas flow control for 1 purge gas and 1 protective gas (optional)
- Mass flow control for 2 gas channels
- Vacuum: < 10-1 mbar.
Services: Calorimetric analyses such as: phase changes, glass transition, crystallization temperatures, heat capacity, etc.