The MICROTRAC S3 500 is a particle size analyser that uses three precisely placed red laser diodes, multi-detector, and multi-angle optical system to accurately characterize the particles size and size distribution. In Microtrac’s technology, the scattered light is measured at various angles up to 163 degrees. Small particles scatter light at large angles while large particles scatter light at small angles relative to the laser beam.
- Wet /dry capability
- Measuring Range: 0.02 to 2,800 micrometres
- Basic Range: Wet: 0.7 to 1,000 µm; Dry: 0.7 to 1,000 µm
- High Range: Wet: 2.75 to 2,800 µm; Dry: 2.75 to 2,800 um
- Standard Range: Wet: 0.24 to 1,400 µm; Dry: 0.24 to 1,400 µm
- Special Range: Wet: 0.086 to 1,400 µm; Dry: 0.24 to 1,400 µm
- Extended Range: Wet: 0.021 to 2,000 µm; Dry: 0.24 to 2,000 µm
- Enhanced Range: Wet: 0.021 to 2,800 µm; Dry: 0.24 to 2,800 µm
Spherical Glass Beads D50 = 642 micron, Precision as CV = 0.7%
Spherical Glass Beads D50 = 56 micron, Precision as CV = 1.0%
Spherical Latex Beads D50 = 0.4 micron, Precision as CV = 0.6%
- 1-2-3 red laser configurations available
- Electrical: 200 to 265 VAC, 47 - 63 Hz, single phase; Laser Power - 3mW nominal
- Vacuum: Vacuum must exceed 50 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute).
Services: Determination of particle size and their dimensional distribution in the measurement range 0.02 to 2,800 micrometres.